The Danish Embassy in Prague is currently looking for a part time Assistant to the Consular Department.
PART-TIME ASSISTANT TO THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT
As a part-time assistant to the consular department (20 hours per week) you will be in daily contact with the Danish and Czech citizens who seek information about living in the Czech Republic or Denmark. You will sit at the consular department / reception together with one colleague and perform different reception tasks such as welcoming the guests, answering and transferring the phone calls, handling mail and performing other ad hoc administrative tasks. Besides the consular and reception tasks you will assist the public diplomacy department with translations and editing the Embassy’s webpage if necessary. The working hours are flexible, but you should be present in the Embassy’s opening hours 9-16. The position is perfect for university students.
- Perform reception tasks
- Answer inquiries from the Czech and Danish citizens (phone/e-mail/personal)
- Independently search for relevant information
- Assist the Public Diplomacy department with translations and web editing
- Perform other tasks related to administrative support of the consular and PD department
- High school or university graduate (preferably Scandinavian Studies, but not necessary)
- Very good written and spoken Danish and Czech; knowledge of English on a daily basis
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Outstanding overall communication skills
- Structured approach to problem solving, planning and prioritising your tasks
- Ability and willingness to follow the rules and procedures
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities and tasks when required
- Self-Motivated, positive attitude and good working spirit, ability to function in a team
- Competitive remuneration
- Experience of working in a foreign country’s representation
- Scandinavian work culture
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements please send your CV and cover letter in Danish to Mr. Per Brixen to email@example.com no later than January 29th, 2017.
For more information visit our webpage http://tjekkiet.um.dk or contact Anna Koláčková – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting date: February/March (depending on the security clearance)
Type of contract: brigáda - Dohoda o pracovní činnosti (approx. 20 hours per week)